Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today is Ordinary

I've recently noticed that I am most often inspired to write in this silly blog of mine on days when I feel a flood of emotion, good or bad. I guess you could say I feel most creatively "inventive" on those days. Today is different, though. Today is ordinary. In these past few months, I have become completely obsessed with the idea that 'in order to lead a fulfilling life, it must be crazy, exciting and filled with daily wild adventures'. The discontentment in my hear was rapidly growing, and I figured it must have been because I was not living up to the standard of what my life should be. I was wrong to think that. I had become so preoccupied with the notion, that I didn't realize it was that very thought that was the poison in my system. It drove my dissatisfaction and disappointment. Within these last few days of solitude, I have figured it out. A calm life is also a good life. I think I have taken the "boring days" for granted my whole life.  I no longer want to seek an unrealistically adventurous life, because in that dissatisfaction and hunger, I lose sight of the true bliss and beauty in the calm. Of course I do want adventure, don't get me wrong. I do not want adventure, however, to the point that it blinds me from the splendor I am already surrounded by. So today is ordinary, and I am okay with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment