Thursday, June 20, 2013

Acknowledging the loneliness


It would be a lie for me to say that I am not fearful for these next eight days to come (this being a trial run for the dreaded two weeks I will soon face). With every single one of my best friends gone, i'm not sure what my days will look like. I have leaned on them so much with my daily needs, and for good reason; they are the most beautiful souls I know. It probably seems so silly, but I don't think I know who I am without them. Maybe its both a blessing and a curse, but the greatest curse. I am fearful, yet curious of the adventures I might stumble upon this coming week. Emphasis on the "fearful". As I am the type that thrives most when i'm busy & distracted, I pray that God will give me peace throughout the lonely times. I guess i'm looking forward to getting to know myself, with no interruptions- no matter how badly I yearn for those interruptions... I'm sure that i'm being dramatic- but until you have MY best friends, you may never understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment